IES Mission Statement
The IES seeks to improve the lighted environment by bringing together those with lighting knowledge and by translating that knowledge into actions that benefit the public.
IES Vision Statement
The IES will build upon a century of excellence to create the premier lighting community dedicated to promoting the art and science of quality lighting to its members, allied professional organizations, and the public.
Established in 1906, the IES is the recognized technical and educational authority on illumination. For over one hundred years its objective has been to communicate information on all aspects of good lighting practice to its members, to the lighting community, and to consumers through a variety of programs, publications, and services. The strength of the IES is its diversified membership: engineers, architects, designers, educators, students, contractors, distributors, utility personnel, manufacturers, and scientists, all contributing to the mission of the Society: to improve the lighted environment by bringing together those with lighting knowledge and by translating that knowledge into actions that benefit the public.
The IES is a forum for the exchange of ideas and information and a vehicle for its members’ professional development and recognition. Through its technical committees, with hundreds of qualified members from the lighting and user communities, the IES correlates research, investigations, and discussions to guide lighting experts and laypersons via research-and consensus-based lighting recommendations.
Section Officers 2023-2024
- President: Carl Huestis, Axis Lighting | [email protected]
- Vice President/Program Chair: Wilson Dau, Symmetry Lighting | [email protected]
- Secretary/Scholarship: Colin MacDuff | [email protected]
- Treasurer: Peter Kan, Quantum Lighting Inc. | [email protected]
- Past President: James Holtrop, SLS Group Industries | [email protected]
Committee and Program Chairs
- Education Chair: Owen Stevens | [email protected]
- Membership Chair: Jason Zhang, BC Hydro | [email protected]
- Awards Chair: Robyn Goodlad, Above 90 Lighting | [email protected]
- Emerging Professionals Chair: Mara Honarbin, Mac’s II Agencies | [email protected]
- Webmaster/Scholarship: Rafael Schreiber | [email protected]
- Communications: Svea Poulsen | [email protected]